Hello there! Biggest apologies for the silence – it’s been a hectic time with lots of changes going on… but we are back! Thursday and Friday were boiling hot in London – if you were here, wasn’t that a pleasant surprise? It got us very excited about summer sunshine, days larking in the park with Pimms and strawberries+cream, and all that is coming up in the summer season. Sadly, we don’t have a balcony, but if you do, lucky you! We’ve got some ideas for how you can make your balcony feel a little more like a garden, a little more spacious, and a whole lot more loungey, especially for when the nights come in.
FFE Magazine via Pinterest
1) Use colourful pouffs, beanbags, floor cushions for plenty of lounging space. We love the hanging plants from the wall, and along the edge of the balcony which really creates a roof garden feel, even if you are living in an urban jungle, high above busy roads. A sideboard is handy as a surface for snacks, drinks, or for resting your laptop for watching the World Cup and Wimbledon!
via Pinterest, no source.
2) Colours, everywhere! Floor cushions and low dining surfaces let you have a picnic in the comfort of your own home. Using a rug outside can make the outside space feel like another room of your home. Flowers, bold prints, add a festivity to the table, making for a cosy gathering. You can do this even if you don’t have an outside space, if you are near large windows – clear the space, pull out a rug, your (large) coffee table (or plenty of ideas with wooden pallets as dining surfaces), and lots of cushions will bring the outside in – which will probably be a real blessing when Wimbledon inevitably brings summer rain!
3) Making the most of a small outside space – we love the clever use of the corner sofa, and the soft, light colours to make the space feel wider. Also love that gorgeous grey rug! Really loving the use of rugs outdoors…
4) Another very clever way of maximising small spaces – stools, small tables, wicker arm chairs, and plenty of plants create a secret garden feel where you can disappear away to with a good book, or with a friend for drinks and a natter. Lots of colours add to the spring time feel.
Image from Cepaynasi
5) You can tell that floor cushions and rugs are a real winner with us! If you have loads of space outdoors, this is a stunner! Love the use of the curtains and the raised platform for the cushy sofas and pillows, separating the shaded reading, resting area from the decked sunbathing area that is less sheltered. Be swept away to sunny, mediterranean climes with the eye-catching colours, Moroccan accents, and leafy greens.
How do you set up your outdoor space? Have you found clever ways of bringing the outside in?
Images as cited, copyrightz belong to owners.